If you are too busy to read an article, this may interest you. The official Google app for iPhone is capable of reading an article on the internet for you so that you can listen to it in a kind of podcast format. Check this https://surveysbuzz.com for more updates about the technology. You can even queue multiple articles to hear them all in a row.
It is true that the iPhone includes a function to read what appears on the screen, however using the Google app everything is much easier thanks to this function that, by the way, has not reached Android. This is how you can do it.
Get your iPhone to Read Articles with the Google app
It is a function of the official Google application, therefore you need to have this app downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. It is a completely free application, from which we can search the internet and consult any article.
Once you have the Google app installed on your device, this is what you should do:
- Open the Google application on your iPhone or iPad.
- You’ll see the Google search and Discover feed articles just below.
- Click on the article you want to read or Google your favorite website.
- Once the article opens, click the Read aloud (it’s a person speaking) icon in the upper right corner.
- A pop-up box will appear with options to “Listen Now”, “Add to Queue” or “Cancel”.
- Click on the ‘Play’ icon and a voice will start reading the article.
- You have options to send the audio by AirPlay or change the reading speed.
The iPhone will now automatically start playing the text of the article. A player will also appear on the screen with controls for fast forward, skip, play, and pause. You can minimize this player and exit the Google application, as the audio will continue to play in the background.
In English, we have different voices available, although in Spanish at the moment we have no option to change the voice. You can add multiple articles to the play queue and then listen to them all at once in the car, when traveling by public transport or whenever you want. In principle, it is an option available with an article on the internet, although it is true that it may not work with certain languages.
Again, Google apps show improvements in iOS before Android, for some reason. But fortunately, it is a very interesting function and unknown by most users, you can listen to any article instead of reading it thanks to the Google app.